updated as of September 25, 2018
Dulles Duals Program Overview:
- DYS competes in select duals for elementary and middle school divisions periodically throughout the season to give the wrestlers the chance to compete as team. Duals are structured with a set of roughly 12 roster slots whereby kids compete against other teams for team points similar to high school meets.
- Dulles Duals are broken out into four divisions based on skill and age. Team assignment aligns to the DYS level structure: Novice Elementary (House), Rising Stars Elementary (All-Star/Travel), Middle School (House), and Club Middle School (All-Star/Travel)
- Novice Elementary. This division is intended for “rookie” and less experienced wrestlers in grades K-5 so best suited for our DYS House wrestlers. A team’s primary goal isn’t to win the dual meet but rather obtain quality, exciting matches for the participants. To this end, coaches often coordinate in advance in match up comparable opponents. While there are 12 weight classes ranging from 50-100 pounds, coaches have more flexibility in arranging matches.
Schedule: All novice duals will be conducted on February 16.
- Rising Stars Elementary. This division is intended for intermediate-to-advanced wrestlers from 2-5 grade and oriented towards our DYS All-Star and Travel wrestlers. The 12 weight classes range from 50-100 pounds with age restrictions placed on some of the lighter weights. At each event, a team wrestles 2-3 dual meets against other clubs. Teams are expected to bring competitive lineups, and regular season results will impact seeding at the annual Elementary Team Duals Championship. The winning team has a banner hung at TOP and gets the team name inscribed on the official trophy.
Schedule: Regular season meets are planned for two Saturdays (December 15 and January 19; backup date of February 16). Elementary Team Duals Championship tournament on March 2.
MIDDLE SCHOOL DIVISIONS
- Lunsford-Mercer Middle School Team. This is a competitive division, but wrestlers must attend the middle school they represent so there will be a lot of beginners competing to fill line-ups. The 12 weight classes range from 75-199 pounds. DYS wrestlers that attend Lunsford or Mercer middle schools and are part of the DYS House program will compete on this Lunsford-Mercer team against other middle school based teams.
Schedule: These events will take place on two Friday nights (January 18 and February 8), and teams should expect a total of 4-6 meets for the season.
- DYS Middle School Club Team. This is a competitive division for club teams comprised of 6-8 graders (5th graders are eligible if they choose to wrestle up) and geared towards our DYS All-Star and Travel wrestlers. The 12 weight classes range from 75-199 pounds. The regular season meets take place on Saturdays and teams should expect 2-3 dual meets per event. Teams are expected to bring competitive lineups, and regular season results impact seeding at the Middle School Club Duals Championship.
Schedule: Regular season meets are planned for two Saturdays (December 15 and January 19; backup date of February 16). Middle School Club Championship tournament on March 2.
Dulles Duals Competition Schedule:
- Saturday, December 15th: Rising Stars Elementary and DYS Middle School Club Team
- Friday, January 18th: Lunsford-Mercer Middle School Team
- Saturday, January 19th: Rising Stars Elementary and DYS Middle School Club Team
- Friday, February 8th: Lunsford-Mercer Middle School Team
- Saturday, February 16th: Novice Elementary Team
- Saturday, March 2nd, Championship Tournaments: Rising Stars Elementary and DYS Middle School Club Team