National High School Coaches Association - NHSCA MAY 2018
Middle School Wrestling Duals Tournament
Weighins Friday Afternoon, May 25, 2018
Wrestling Saturday through Monday, May 26-28, 2018
- NHSCA hosts several events throughout the year.
- The NHSCA May 2018 event is structured as a "Duals Format" for both high school, middle school, and elementary school age groups. Event Friday afternoon, May 25 through Monday, May 28 with guaranteed six matches minimum at the Virginia Beach convention center. Wrestling begins Saturday morning.
- Bill Marck, manager and coach for Dulles Youth Sports, has partnered with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), another local wrestling organization to enter a middle school team as part of a much larger effort to enter several high school and middle school teams overall. All teams will fly under the FCA banner to enter the May 2018 NHSCA event. The group is focused on the following principles for this event:
(1) exposure to higher level wrestling (60 active mats all day with teams from all over the U.S.)
(2) camaraderie as a team with one or two common diners, visits to the beach, etc
(3) physical, mental, techical, and spiritual strength
(4) good sportsmanship and the demonstration of being a role model for the community
- This website tab pertains to event details pertaining to the middle school element of the larger FCA group effort. Other coaches are managing the high school elements.
- Bill Marck,
, 571-338-5669 cell/evenings
- NHSCA Middle School Duals Information Website ~ Click Here
- FCA Prince William Group Website ~ Click Here
- FCA Prince William Group Facebook Page ~ Click Here
- FCA private gym/club address: 10659 Gateway Blvd, Manassas VA 20110
NHSCA Middle School Team Details
- Middle School Age Division - Grades 6-8 for the 2017-2018 school year
- League and club memberships are not required (such as USA Wrestling Cards, AAU, or any others)
- Weight Classes:
- Weights - must wear singlet at weighin and meet the following weights with a 2 lbs allowance
75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 119, 127, 135, 142, 154, 165, 180, 230
Example, you need need to be 77 pounds on the scale when wearing a singlet
- There is one weigh-in for the entire event scheduled for Friday, May 25 (details on times provided later)
- You must be wearing a wristband at time of weighin
- Wrestling is Saturday through Monday with six duals guaranteed.
- Event Location: Virginia Beach Convention Center, 1000 19th Street, Virginia Beach, VA 23451
- Tons of restaurants, shops, and stores along the beach
- Virginia Beach Top Restaurants ~ Click Here
- Virginia Beach Top Places to Eat ~ Click Here
- Virginia Beach Tourism ~ Click Here
- Virginia Beach Shops Images ~ Click Here
- Virginia Beach Images ~ Click Here
- Virginia Beach Convention Center ~ Click Here
- Virginia Beach Acquarium ~ Click Here
- Virginia Beach Acquarium Images ~ Click Here
- Cape Henry Lighthouse ~ Click Here
- Fort Monroe and National Monument ~ Click Here
- Harbour boat site seeing tours ~ Click Here
- Battleship USS Wisconsin Museum ~ Click Here
- The FCA team may even get a special private submarine tour from military friends stationed in the area
- This is a great time and place to go for a mini family vacation!
How to get on the middle school team
- Simply contact Bill Marck to express interest in joining
- FCA members have preference for slots and must provide email notice by Sunday, 6:00 PM, April 1st
- Registration opens to all others beginning April 2nd
- Visit one of FCA's practices on Tuesday or Thursday evenings 6:00-8:00 PM to demonstrate a minimum required skill level to enter so to embrace the environment. The competition level will be very high. Exceptions to this applies to heavier wrestlers where success is largely dependent on physical strength, endurance, and mental toughness.
- A google doc is publicly available to identify wrestlers that joined the team or interested
- Roster slot status ~ click here
Costs, Refunds, and Approach (payable to the FCA group)
- Cost per wrestler ~ $95 (includes common t-shirt for wrestlers)
- Singlets (must use common team singlets) at no cost to wrestlers with small deposit for loaners
- You own the slot once paid in full and show that you meet the minimum skill level
- Partial refunds granted after a replacement is found
- Full refunds are made prior to the team's commitment to tournament director mid-April
- Reserve your slot prior to Sunday, April 8, 6:00 PM
- Team funding commitments will be made to NHSCA around April 11
- T-shirt and apparel orders made later April
- Parents may leave their child with another family in accordance with arrangements made in advance of the trip. The high school wrestlers are making separate arrangements to rent one large beach house to save costs, however, this is currently separate from the middle school age group. If a child is left with another family the parents or guardian would not be required stay with them. However, we encourage families to use the event as a mini weekend vacation and enjoy the experience together.
Other Costs to Consider (separate from the FCA group)
- Entry fee for spectators in accordance with the published standard from NHSCA
- Food separately arranged by parents/guardians
- Parking has traditionally been free at the convention center
- Hotels and lodging arranged separately by parents/guardians
- Hotel arrangements may be made individually or via NHSCA event associated hotels ~ click here
- First review the status of roster slots to see availability
- Roster slot status ~ Click Here
- If someone currently occupies your desired weight class, then complete the registration process WITHOUT payment so to express your interests in case someone drops or cancels out. Green text shows those that are paid in full.
- If there are one or more names written without green text, then you may be able to get the spot by (1) calling Bill Marck to expresss your interests, and then (2) completing the registration process WITH online payment to secure your spot. Your name would then appear in green text to show you own the slot at that point.
- Register ~ Click Here
- Register also by copying the following link into a webbrowser: http://assn.la/Reg/?r=3:162767
Area Maps, Convention Center, Wrestling, and Beaches Pictures ~ Click Here